Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Hoe!!!

So the first thing one of my co-workers tells me this morning...."I've got a hoe for you in my car!"

Much to my dismay I got all excited and worked up for nothing. He had a friend that broke his gardening hoe and asked if I would fix it for him. He also told me the man had a sense of humor so I figured I'd have a little fun after welding the two pieces back together. Here's the result.

Isn't it a happy lil' hoe?

 Well after that was done I had the welder all set up and roaring to go I decided to do a little fab work on the bike afterwards. You should read that as "I got in a groove and lost all track of time and normal body function like eating and the need for water while sweating profusely."

Anyways, TC Brothers forward controls are now mounted. Have a gander.

Front quarter vew.

Left side view. Don't look at other side, the linkage isn't connected to anything.

And as you can see the new custom fiberglass seat pan is all fabbed up. Still not mounted however. Here are a couple photos of the progress it went through. Sorry there aren't more but that fiberglass resin sets up QUICK with no time for photos.

Must cover everything around the mold so I don't get resin on the bike.


First four layers have been applied.


Close up of the finished product. Still needs one light coat of resin though. So not COMPLETELY finished.

Anyways. So there you have it. Wont be doing much more work over the course of this week. I've got to go UPTA CAMP!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment