Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bit of an update

Once again it's been a while since I've written an update. Here's a short and sweet update. It's getting cold here in Maine and an uninsulated garage make it sort of unpleasant to work on steel. Regardless I installed a propane heater in the garage to help with that. Here it is....
Now as far as the bike goes I fabbed up a head light bracket.
I cut the ugly chain guard flappy thing off of the left side cover of the engine as well as eliminated to old mount tabs/flanges for the mid controls that were no longer being used. Here's an before and after photo for comparison. No it's not the same side cover because I didn't want to ruin a perfectly good cover if it didn't turn out right.

I also have on order just over $500 worth of parts. Thing like carbuerator parts, fork seals and caps, seat mounts, etc. I also had an extra set of front forks which I shaved all unused caliper and fender brackets off of. I'll post and update with some pics of them once they are assembled again. The parts for assembly are in that parts order. Well till next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment