Friday, January 13, 2012

Very definition of Masochism

Alright folks I couldn't wait any longer. I had to show you JUST how masochistic I am. Photos below are the before and after comparison of my fork lowers. One of the left is raw after hacksaw, files, and rough emery cloth. The one on the right is after wet sanding BY HAND with 220, 400, and 1000 grit sandpapers and an application of Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish.


It's taken me nearly a week of coming home after working and sanding that bad mama jamma!!! While it was excruciatingly painful to do, and I'm NOT looking forward to starting the next one, I believe it's worth it.


I plan on trying to get the other finished and both of them fully assembled and ready to go on the bike, along with my new seat fiber-glassed this weekend. We'll see if I'm being a little over ambitious. Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. Duuude..you DO know I'm living vicariously through you on this build right?? Keep up the great work man!!!

    ReplyDelete