Thursday, July 14, 2011

And so it begins....AGAIN!!!

So here is the new toy I bought a couple days ago via a very generous graduation present. A new 10 amp, 10k rpm DeWalt  grinder. Why do I need such a grinder you might ask?
This is why I need said grinder. A 1979 XS660 engine mounted in an already slightly modified 1980 XS650 frame, fitted with a a Harley Sportster tank and seat.
However it did not start life this way. The original owner turned it into a hardtail bobber of sorts shown in the next photo.
He tried to sell it and couldn't get what he wanted for it. Then the decision was made to try and make it into a softtail bobber in the hopes that a family member would join him in his joy of the open road. Turns out that didn't work so I bought it off him for $600. The deal included an extra seized parts engine, additional set of front forks, stocker parts off of a doner bike, and various other assorted parts.

 It also came with a TC Brothers battery box and fake oil can to be storage for all the electronics.
So this will be my journey into turning the bike into something along the lines of this...
Part of this journey is going to somehow turn the rats nest of this wiring harness....
into something a little bit neater, smaller, and easier to understand and work with. So come join me on a journey I'm sure to be filled with tear, laughs, and whole lot of shit eating grins. I'll leave you today with a few more pictures of the bike as it stands at day one.



1 comment:

  1. Sweeet bro...finally! If you need any paint work done, call me. We can do it right here. Can't wait to see the finished piece...

    ReplyDelete