Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's sort of sad

Well...here she is. A shadow of her former self....
But I suppose that in order to build something great you must first tear it down to the ground. So this is the bare bones stock frame with the ugly junk removed at the rear end the former owner added. It will soon be replaced with the new Visual Impact Brat Kit. But first I need to grind off all the sharp bits, removed unwanted brackets, and possibly install a new neck gusset. So I guess now I'm at the bottom of the barrel. I'm sure it'll be an interesting and fun climb out.

I'll leave you with one last picture of all the bits removed. I'm not sure if you can tell but I think the old XS400 in the background is laughing her ass off at the humiliation the XS650 has just undergone.

No comments:

Post a Comment